29 October 2013

Book Review- Spoilers!

The Distance Between UsTitle- The Distance Between Us
Author- Kasie West
Genre- Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Format- eBook
UK Publisher- Harper Teen
Buy Here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Distance-Between-Kasie-West/dp/0062235656

Goodreads Blurb-
Money can't buy a good first impression.

Seventeen-year-old Caymen Meyers learned early that the rich are not to be trusted. And after years of studying them from behind the cash register of her mom's porcelain-doll shop, she has seen nothing to prove otherwise. Enter Xander Spence—he's tall, handsome, and oozing rich. Despite his charming ways and the fact that he seems to be one of the first people who actually gets her, she's smart enough to know his interest won't last. Because if there's one thing she's learned from her mother's warnings, it's that the rich have a short attention span. But just when Xander's loyalty and attentiveness are about to convince Caymen that being rich isn't a character flaw, she finds out that money is a much bigger part of their relationship than she'd ever realized. With so many obstacles standing in their way, can she close the distance between them?

Initial Thoughts- Young Adult contemporary is my favourite genre to read so I was excited to start this book! The cover is okay but I wasn't the biggest fan and, even though I know you shouldn't, I DO judge a book by it's cover. Don't shoot me, I do look at other things as well but covers are important. I liked the premise for this book, poor girl meets rich boy in a doll store is quite original if you ask me!

Strong Points- Caymen and her humour! I love her personality and the little things she does, such as referring to her father simply as an Organ Donor. The tone of the book was so happy, always making me giggle along the way and then when we meet Caymen's grandfather at the end, it just gets better! The way she joked around Xander was my personal favourite though, when she says to him 'All right, hot stuff. Work it.' at their photoshoot, I was honestly holding back a roar. I also loved the length of this book, it took me just over a day to get through and i was not reading non stop so if I was, it would have been through super quick.

Weaknesses- I must admit, there weren't many. One main one was the amount it made me want hot chocolate! I know that this isn't a real criticism but I don't care! The first thing I did when I finished the whole book was go get the drink (it was around about 11.30pm by the way, while everyone else in my house was asleep, oops!). The only thing thing that I actually disliked was the ending, they patched everything up then what? I don't know! Kasie has said she may write a sequel to this book in the future so fingers crossed!

Favourite Quote- 'Feelings, my dear daughter, you will perhaps learn one day, can be the most costly thing in the universe.'
I honestly thought this was beautiful. Caymen says afterwards that she played this line over and over in her mind and I could not agree more. That line was very powerful. Is very powerful. Will forever be very powerful. And that is what I like so much about it, that it will forever be a statement even if have not read this book.

Overall Rating- ❤ ❤ ❤ 

2 comments:

  1. I've been hearing SOOO many positive reviews for this book! Another must read! You review a lot of interesting books, I'm a little jelly LOL :P KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you should, it super deserves them! I try my best haha, thank you! :-)

      Delete