29 November 2013

Movie Review- Spoiler Free!

Title- The Way, Way Back
Starring- Liam James, Steve Carell, AnnaSophia Robb, Sam Rockwell
UK DVD Release- 26th December 2013
BBFC- 12A
UK Distributor- 20th Century Fox
Pre-Order The DVD Here.

IMDb Summary
Shy 14-year-old Duncan goes on summer vacation with his mother, her overbearing boyfriend, and her boyfriend's daughter. Having a rough time fitting in, Duncan finds an unexpected friend in Owen, manager of the Water Wizz water park.

Initial Thoughts- Upon watching the trailer, I thought this would be a lovely little film which I'd just chuckle along to, especially after hearing the line 'I think you're a three'. Also, AnnaSophia Robb rocks, she's great in The Carrie Diaries and I adored The Bridge to Terabithia when I was younger (I still do now) so was excited to see her doing something else.

Strong Points- As suggested by the trailer, this movie was super funny! There were some hilarious one-liners such as when Owen (played by Sam Rockwell) says 'Please let your lady friend know this conversation was entirely about her.' The step sister made me laugh too, she was like a tamer Regina George! A very nice unexpected twist from my initial thoughts was the serious side to the film, behind all of the humour was a really good storyline about a lost boy just needing an escape.

Weaknesses- I honestly thought there were some stupid holes in the plotline, the developing romance between Duncan and Susanna was really underdeveloped and I thought it was rather unbelievable as the characters knew nothing about each other. I also disliked the ending as it left many questions unanswered but I won't spoil that for you!

Overall Rating- ❤ ❤ ❤ 


Be sure to check out the trailer below.


No comments:

Post a Comment