17 November 2013

Topping Off The Week! #2

Hey guys! So, this week on GeorgiaReviews we have another 'Topping Off The Week' post which involves me counting down a different thing each week. Just be warned, as always, there will be spoilers! Each will be in no particular order and this is not me telling you what to do, just telling you my personal favourites! Feel free to post your take on the subject of the week, just be sure to credit me and drop me a link to it so I can see your lists too! The images I chose are the editions which I own. This week, we have...


Top 5 Book Series

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
(Image from http://thehungergames.wikia.com/wiki/Category:The_Hunger_Games_book_covers)
I won't lie to you, I only read these books after seeing the first movie! At first, I was apprehensive to pick up the series, the movie blew me away and, as I wasn't such a big reader at the time, I wasn't sure it would live up to my expectations. However, I was bought the books for my birthday and decided to give them a try which was a great decision! My only main dislike is that my absolute favourite character Finnick dies! *cry, cry* It also conflicted my views on the love triangle, as when seeing the movie, I shipped Everthorne but after reading the books, I'm all for Peenis...

You can buy the books in the UK here.

The Juliette Chronicles by Tahereh Mafi
10429045
Wow, where to start... Let's start with Warner, that's always a good idea right? This guy is just my the best character in the series if you ask me. That scene with the dog just made me 'aww'. And we can't forget Juliette, she's pretty damn bad-ass! That ability of hers is so cool, apart from the fact she can't touch people obviously but still, there are ways around that. The way the books are written as well, with crossed out lines and chapters of varied lengths is so original! I loved this about the series and just can't wait for Ignite Me to be released.

You can buy the books in the UK here and here.

Divergent by Veronica Roth
13335037
If you'd asked me before I had read (well, attempted to read) Allegiant, this would totally have been one of my top 5s but now, it just barely scraped a place because the Divergent and Insurgent were so incredible. I think it was the dual perspectives and everything happening too fast to process. I will still finish the book, I just need a little break for now. I did however love how widely diverse the characters were, black & white, thin & fat, gay & straight, strong & weak. They covered all types of groups and did not put these as less vital roles, take Uriah for example.

You can buy the books in the UK here.

The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
7171637
This is the type of series that grows through each book. I was apprehensive to pick these up, I had just finished The Mortal Instruments and was unsure as to whether I would be confused and muddle up the two plots. But, after an assuring tweet from Ms Clare herself, I went ahead and marathoned these back-to-back. These three books haunts you for weeks after you finish, I couldn't read anything else for a while. I don't think I ever cried so much at a prologue before, this took my heart and broke it again and again.

You can buy the books in the UK here.

Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)
This plot hooked me before I had even read the first page. What the hell is going off? I have no a clue. As messed up as it is, and it is, these books are actually incredible. It is so strange reading something and not knowing whether or not to trust what is written on the page. The revelation at the end of second book was so crazy, I could not even begin to wrap my mind around the fact that it was staged! The way Noah's room was described left me in awe, so many book, so much jealousy! (Can you be jealous of fiction characters? Probably).

You can buy the books in the UK here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment