5 February 2014

Guest Review: Splintered by A. G. Howard

Today I have a lovely review for you by Alexandra from Little Bookling who offered to help me out while I search for a co-blogger. (The search is still on by the way so be sure to read my 'WANTED!' post for more details!)

12558285Title- Splintered
Author- A. G. Howard
Genre- Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance
Format- Paperback
UK Publisher- Abrams
Publication Date- January 1st 2013
Buy HERE

Hello there, today I finished reading Splintered by A. G. Howard and thought it was amazing! This story tells the tale of a girl named Alyssa Gardener who is a descendant of Alice Liddell ( better know as Alice in Wonderland) and we follow her on the quest to save her mother. In order to save her, Alyssa must travel down the rabbit hole to Wonderland so that she is able to fix all the mistakes Alice made when she was there.

I went into this book with high hopes after reading brilliant reviews beforehand and was not let down. I really did find it marvellous. This would be a definite 5/5 read for me because of the originality of the plot line and the flawless style that Howell writes in. I loved the pages in the book as they had an illustration on the first page of each chapter and also the font was a maroon colour which is very uncommon in books.

I found the character of Alyssa Gardener to be very likeable, feeling that she was an easy-to-love heroine. Although she may have an ordinary appearance, this girl certainly has her share of gifts and curses, who wouldn't being tangled up with wonderland? She speaks to flowers and insects which makes even her bloodline seem crazy!

Overall, I loved how this book gave a new depth to a childhood favourite of mine. It makes you re-eximine your own nightmares and wonder, 'Could that be a memory?' Most of all, this new layer to Alice in Wonderland shows us all we can be a little insane at times so I urge you, pick up this book soon! Everyone who can dream will love it.

Thanks for this Alexandra, looks like I'll have to pick this one up soon then, hey? Have you started this series yet? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment