11 March 2014

The Book Blogger's TMI Tag

Hello! Sorry I've been so absent recently, my end of high school exams are coming up in the next months so revision and homework are becoming rather chaotic at the minute and blogging is taking a little back seat. Also, I have to work out what I will be doing when I leave school and as of yet, I really don't know what to do! Anyway, here's the questions to my first tag post.

How old are you?
I am 15 years old.

18138917What books are you reading?
I'm almost finished with Angelfall by Susan Ee but I've put that aside for a while to read Trouble by Non Pratt seen as though it comes out on the 6th of March in the UK. I'm also a VIP for the book which is cool!

What are you wearing?
Right now? Christmas pyjamas... Yeah, they have reindeers on them!

16068905OTP?
Oh damn, good question! I love Cath and Levi from Fangirl, Tessa and Will from The Infernal Devices and Juliette and Warner from the Shatter Me series. But if I had to pick just one couple, that would have to be Cath and Levi, their relationship is so real and SO cute!


Blogger or Wordpress?
I started my blog on Blogger and have never though of changing. I love it here, things are simple and easy to use yet they have some really great features!

Going outside, being active or staying in?
Staying in 100%. I have my TV, laptop, life library and food inside so I really see no point in leaving (expect in a fire maybe, I probably would not want to stay inside then...)

15777621What is the last book you read?
This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales. It was amazing. I will definitely be posting a review when I manage to get around to it. (I still have to write two for The Book Thief and Ignite Me first!)

17315134What book are you going to read next?
Dawn O'Porter's Paper Aeroplanes shortly followed by the sequel Goose! Hot Key Books were offering out review copies of Goose on their Twitter and I managed to snatch one up so I can finally marathon them like I've been waiting to do!

E-books - yes or no?
Yes. I never thought I would but yes. I got a NookHD for my birthday last year and it is so convenient! Books are often cheaper and there are sales of greater quality than those of paperback. I also seem to fly through ebooks quicker.


Where do you prefer to read?
I almost always read sat in my bed, cuddling up with a book under my cover to keep nice and warm. Recently though, I've found myself sitting and reading by the natural light in the living room so I can't wait for the summer sun to arrive.

Which blog did you look at last?
I think that would be Georgia (my name twin) from The Biblomaniac because I saw her tweet promising a huge haul today and she did not disappoint! You can see it HERE.

Who is your favourite blogger?
I honestly do not have one. I love different blogs for different reasons: Ruby @ Feed Me Books Now is great for classics and graphics, Charlotte @ Gypsy Reviews is great for her thorough reviews, Stephanie @ These Paper Hearts is great for little design tips, I really could go on.

Who is your favourite booktuber?
Christine! PolandbananasBOOKS was the channel which introduced me to booktube, something I didn't know existed until I watched her videos. I think one of the first videos of hers that I watched was the Clockwork Princess booktalk, you can see it yourself HERE if you're interested.

What do you think when someone says they think reading is boring?
Try to find a book for them, everyone has a gateway book, they probably just have not found theirs yet.

Who is the last author you spoke to?
Non Pratt, I tweeted her congratulating her on Trouble's release then wished her a good time at her release party, only to realise that it wasn't till next week and I had mixed up may dates so I tweeted her back to explain.

11870085Who is your all time favourite book character?
Good question, very good question. It's hard to pick just one, I really admire quite a few characters. Gus from The Fault in Our Stars is obviously incredible. He realises how awful life is but tries so do something about it so the people he loves don't have to experience the crappiness he does. Isaac on the other hand doesn't have that strength and for that, I love him. He's so human it hurts to see him upset.

UKYA or USYA?
A great book is great for it's content, not it's writer's nationality.

What is your preferred drink whilst reading?
LEMONADE. That's my preferred drink full stop.

If you hated reading, what would you be doing?
Raiding the archives of NetFlix to work my way through each and every movie and TV series on there.

How many bookshelves do you have?
One bookshelf with fourteen books on it, all of which are series. I also have a hole under my bed which houses quite a few books (around 20 and then some non-fiction) and all the rest of my books are stacked in four piles on my desk. I tried to order a new bookcase at Christmas but the one I want still hasn't come into stock yet!

If you had the chance to meet all your favourite bloggers or all your favourite authors, which would you pick?
Authors. I've very much like Hazel from The Fault in Our Stars on that one, I need answers.

Insta-love - yes or no?
Insta-love is a big no for me but and instant connection between two characters which develops into a love story is totally cool.

Favourite author?
John Green is amazing, Rainbow Rowell has such a real tone to her work that I adore and Cassandra Clare could write anything and I would read it. Although I've only read one book by him so far, I think Markus Zusak is incredible and I really must read more of his.

8755785What is the number one book on your wishlist?
This new project which John Green is working on is very exciting but I really cannot wait for City of Heavenly Fire!

Do you prefer books with male or female protagonists?
I do not mind either, Looking for Alaska, one of my favourite books, is written from a male perspective however I read a lot more female protagonists as I think they are more relate-able for me, being a girl you know.

13121501Which is your favourite book to film adaptation?
That would have to be The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I actually prefer it to the book! I dragged my sister to the cinema with me just so that we could get to see it on release day.

Which do you enjoy reading more - positive or negative reviews?
Positive, I love it when people spread the love for a book I love too. Negative reviews put me off books which I am excited for (I'm looking at you Secret Diamond Sisters.)

And that is it! Thank you to Amber from The Mile Long Bookshelf who created this lovely set of questions and Ella from Everything About Ella who tagged me! I won't tag anyone else because I think everyone who wants to has already done this but feel free to try it yourself if not!


1 comment:

  1. Lucky you getting Goose :)
    I love finding out more about the fellow bloggers I follow.
    Cora @ Tea Party Princess

    ReplyDelete