1 October 2014

YA Choice of October 2014

With the Young Adult genre becoming more and more popular, each month I will be bringing you my choice of the newly released books which I must share with you all! This month's choice is...


23005588


The Perfectionists by Sara Shepard
Released October 2nd 2014
from Hot Key Books
You can buy it now HERE.

In Beacon Heights High, Nolan Hotchkiss is king. His charm, wealth and good looks are deceptively seductive, and many are the students whose lives and reputations have been ruined by it. All while Nolan continues to reign, unquestioned and undisrupted. Until now, that is. Mackenzie, Ava, Julie, Caitlin and Parker seemingly don't have much in common. Each has their own friends, dramas and goals. But one thing they do share: they all have a deep hatred of Nolan Hotchkiss. And they all think it's about time he paid for what he's done. They come up with the perfect murder - a hypothetical murder, of course. It's all wishful thinking ... until they wake up one morning to find that their wish has come true. Nolan has been killed - in exactly the way they planned. The thing is, they didn't do it. So who did?

Sara Shepard is the genius behind Pretty Little Liars, one of my favourite shows on TV. I've always wanted to read the book series but have heard that they are too different from the adaption so didn't want to get my self all muddled up! Now though, I get to check out her amazing work with the first book in a new series from her. I love watching mystery programmes, they're the best, but  never seem to read too many, maybe because I worry they'll creep me out, maybe because I worry I won't keep up. I have been expanding my reading horizons recently though so I can't wait to crack this open!

Have you read The Manifesto On How To Be Interesting since I recommended it last month? Let me know what you think in the comments! Also, sorry I missed a month! I was hugely excited for Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld if you were wondering :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment